In 1912, area Presbyterians broke ground near the banks of the San Francisco River to build, with all the staunchness befitting Presbyterians, a large stone church which would become a symbol of spirituality in Clifton and a representation of a town that meant to stay. Mission Revival influences at peak near turn of the century graced the new church.
The Reverend Curry Love oversaw construction and was responsible for much of the quality workmanship, including the beautifully articulated hardwood ceiling and floors. The church later became home to the Coronado-Corinthian Masons, serving as their lodge for several decades, and yet later housed a women’s art collective.
The Flood of 1983 filled the lower level of the church, which stoically accepted its baptism with renewed purpose to serve as a sanctuary to visitors and residents of Clifton.